What do you get when you combine black, white, gold, bow ties, confetti, bubbly and chocolate? A bow tie themed golden anniversary party, of course. My friend Jenna (of Inspired Healthy Organized) convinced me to collaborate with her to plan said party since I am featuring black and white this month. I hesitate to take much credit for the result, because Jenna was definitely the creative genius behind it all. So, just think of me as her assistant.
Although we planned the event as a 50th Anniversary party, the same elements could be used for a variety of occasions from a birthday or New Year’s Eve party to an engagement party or wedding reception. And, the accent color could easily be changed from gold to silver for a 25th anniversary party.
Here are the elements of the party broken down:
– DIY Bow Tie Invitation/Envelope (tutorial here)
– Table: DIY bow tie runner, DIY chargers cut from metallic poster board, DIY bow tie napkins (tutorial here), white and gold flower arrangement
– Dessert Table: DIY runner (black wrapping or butcher paper with gold confetti sprinkled on), dark and white chocolate mini cheesecakes (Jenna’s tutorial here), strawberries, DIY paper bow ties for champagne flutes, sparkling wine
– Photo Backdrop (Jenna’s tutorial here)
– S’mores Favors: for each favor – 4 graham crackers, 4 marshmallows, one square of dark or white chocolate and one square of DIY marble chocolate bark, bag/ribbon/tag